This is Me: blog dedicated to ABEL 8 2004-2005 (fall semester)

Wednesday, December 15, 2004

blog dedicated to ABEL 8 2004-2005 (fall semester)

Greetings in the name of Jesus!

What has God been doing in my life this semester?
Teaching me the definition of service.

Mark 10:42-45
42 Jesus called them together and said, "You know that those who are regarded as rulers of the Gentiles lord it over them, and their high officials exercise authority over them. 43 Not so with you. Instead, whoever wants to become great among you must be your servant, 44 and whoever wants to be first must be slave of all. 45 For even the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many."

We are not of this world. C.S. Lewis writes in his book Mere Christianity, "If I find in myself a desire which no experience in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world." King Solomon had it all, wisdom, riches and relationships.

We are His, so we must live. What am I supposed to do? Live in such a way that points to Christ; show the people around me who He is.


How has God used our SG in my life this semester?
Teaching me how to serve. Through Abram, despite my circumstances or what I can do, God does the work. I am grateful to be a part of what He is doing in the lives of our members.

My SG experiences go hereā€¦

Genesis 22 The Lord Will Provide
Many years ago, when I worked as a volunteer at Stanford Hospital, I got to know a little girl named Liz who was suffering from a rare and serious disease. Her only chance of recovery appeared to be a blood transfusion from her 5-year old brother, who had miraculously survived the same disease and had developed the antibodies needed to combat the illness. The doctor explained the situation to her little brother, and asked the boy if he would be willing to give his blood to his sister. I saw him hesitate for only a moment before taking a deep breath and saying,
"Yes, I'll do it if it will save Liz."
As the transfusion progressed, he lay in bed next to his sister and smiled, as we all did, seeing the colour returning to her cheeks. Then his face grew pale and his smile faded. He looked up at the doctor and asked with a trembling voice,
"Will I start to die right away?"
Being young, the boy had misunderstood the doctor; he thought he was going to have to give his sister all of his blood.


Spider-man 2 convictions...


if i had to sum it up, i've been learning to serve and growing a heart to die for my small group ministry.

By His grace and mercy,
Gill

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home