This is Me: Five things you may not know about me...

Thursday, April 26, 2007

Five things you may not know about me...

Greetings in the name of our Lord and Savior Jesus!

history
1. i was born in Taiwan, raised in Houston and grew up in IL; spiritually at CFC.

growing up

2a. i entered JH just under 70 lbs and entered HS under 110lbs. during JH, even though i wasn't really Christian, i prayed everyday that God would make me taller and over winter break i grew 6 inches and thus gained over 20 lbs.
b. my freshman year in high school i couldn't bench the bar (45 lbs), but i vowed to myself that i would be able to do that with the big weights on the sides (135 lbs) by the time i graduated. my senior year maxed at over 165 lbs.

start of an eight-pack (ask the Kenya '05 guys)
3. my junior and senior year in HS our track team went into an intensive training mode (i also became Christian the summer before). basically, we went undefeated and won every invite until i graduated. my friends and i were in the Trib. (and other local papers) preps plus (HS sports) every week. i stopped training when i came to college, so back then i was skinnier, but much more well cut.

what's the point? Godly intervention
4a. >1 year before SMP training, after i gave up my 300ZX, i was riding my roommate's bicycle about 11.5 miles a day, to and from work and morning prayer every weekday (some days would be in excess of 17 miles).
b. running, dancing, biking, training and dehydration probably accounted for what's known as the "eight-pack/Brad Pitt's body" phenomenon, but i'm most thankful for what God was doing in me in the midst of all that.
* let's not make this more than it is...the reason i don't show off my body isn't because i'm afraid to stumble ya'll (clearly that's not in my control), but 'cuz i'm afraid you might judge me...whatever condition my body/spiritual life is a result of what God's doing in my life, not my own doings. don't look at me, look at God who shaped me.


urgent ongoing prayer request
5. i'm taking grad school classes beginning this summer for special education early childhood in hopes for getting admitted into the program at UIUC to be certified as a teacher with a master's degree. please continue pray for this one!


Peace and Grace be within and about you!
Gill

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home