This is Me: John 3:30, He must become greater; I must become less - Spring 2007 Praise Night

Thursday, March 01, 2007

John 3:30, He must become greater; I must become less - Spring 2007 Praise Night

Greetings in the name of our Lord and Savior Jesus!

John 3:30, He must become greater; I must be come less(NIV).

pictures from and thanks to danleedotcom

Wednesday night prayer meeting this week I discovered that my wrist was bothering me A LOT (the same injury that briefly and continues to “retire” me from doing any old school break dancing).

In view of all the practices and wild things I’ve been working on, once again, it was not a huge surprise what happened. But it’s the timing and severity that makes it stand out. I had no prior warning or feeling to lead me to think it’d hurt as bad as it did. On top of that, it was revealed during our prayer time! Prayers have been really blessing and Spiritual, especially with MS and this week was no different (Thank God for Miss Kim). God can be seen in all nature and creation; He can definitely be seen in our blessings and struggles in life.

I believe part of the reason God used my old injury was to reveal once again that I continue to think more highly of myself than I actually am. If I want to boast of anything, it should be of Him and not me. It was at the Wednesday informal practice earlier that day that I found out we might be doing solos for the skit. In retrospect, prayer and repentance I discovered my heart desire was to be fed by looking good and not making mistakes on stage. Many past and present prayers and any desire to change came to a halting crash by such a “small” desire in me rekindled. Pride is huge isn’t it? I can’t anything, let alone depend on God if I continue to want to be God. But because of God’s grace and mercy, He has helped me see it and repent. He has also redeemed it and is using me still for His work.

Since Thursday I’ve been wearing my old wrap and wrist guard, praying and asking for prayer. Physically it’s been really good, so I have no doubt that it’s something God wanted me to pray through. As I pray that I would not be distracted nor distract or stumble others, a fire was rekindled to desire that God would be seen through and despite what I do. He must become great; I must become less (John 3:30 NIV).

As practices go on I feel more and more confident that He is the Everlasting God and is doing more in me than I can imagine.

Continue to walk by the Spirit (Galatians 5:16 NASB).


--
ARE YOU READY FOR THIS? prepare your hearts for what God may speak to you...


Now presenting In The Beginning... performed by Mustard Seeds at CFC Praise Night Spring 2007:



make sure your SOUND and youtube are working!






http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yrapOVEM4Zg



*it will help to read the description AFTER you watch it all the way through, before you watch it again, and again and again...


Testimony: As people notice and continue to ask why my wrist is wrapped, I can share with them about MS, CFC, Praise Night and one day my God. I can testify to brothers and sisters His healing and recreating power. With my non-believing friends, I can witness to them my love of Christ. At work today as people were asking me about my wrist, I was able to tell them about Praise Night and invite them to our show. May God work through tiny seeds to move mountains!


--
in other news...

please lift up a prayer for my knee; i played bball yesterday and in the first game i made a cut and my right knee gave out. i'm afraid i may have done something bad, 'cuz i felt it pop out of place and back in (in the sideways direction) before i hit the ground.

it only hurt a lot for a little bit initially, but now it doesn't hurt as much. i can walk and get around, but i'm afraid to put any weight on it or move it quickly. please also pray for both my wrists too; i feel like i'm falling apart. Whatever it takes to depend on God and be broken; God's Will be done .


Peace be within you!
Gill

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home