This is Me: Garden Hills Elementary School/King's Club

Thursday, June 03, 2004

Garden Hills Elementary School/King's Club

Greetings in the name of Jesus!

this Tuesday and Wednesday, i spent the school day playing with 1st graders and kindergardeners respectively through the YMCA Fun Bus. OH MY GOSH, they are so cute!

i saw a lot of my King's Club kids there too. most of them are 2nd graders or older, but i had some kindergardeners today. it was good to see them, and they actually recognized me. i made some new friends too, but i'm biast to my kids first. OH I MISS THEM!

seeing them a few times a week, through the program and home visits will leave the deepest of memories with me. it really makes me thing what kind of work/ministry should i persue? i know that where i am now is exactly where God wants me, but how do i figure out where He wants me to be in the future, or how to get there? i feel really slow when it comes to hearing and listening to His voice.

i am so grateful that in the midst of looking for a job and finding direction, God provides me with simple loves and joys. may i continue to live and be a blessing to everyone i encounter. all things in His great timing.

By His grace and mercy,
Gill

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gill..Praise Jesus!! :) HE does answer prayers...
virginia

3:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

is the ymca fun bus at garden hills? err... what are you doing at garden hills? that's where i had my first student teaching placement! (kindergarten) it was great - and i remember a few of them would be really excited at the end of the day on king's club days cuz they got to go to king's club. one girl even started reciting something she said got her candy... "God loves me. Jesus died for me. something something" i don't remember the rest. it was cute and blessing at the same time. :)

8:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

woops. that comment above was from me.... lauren. :)

8:53 PM  
Blogger foodie thoughts said...

gilligan! today at my internship there was this case of shaken baby syndrome of a 4 month old. i think you would've cried if you heard what happened to her. i know i almost did. :(

10:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home